16 Oct Differentiate between web based software and desktop based software
The main differences between web based and desktop based software are-
- You can use our desktop program on your laptop computer and even on a portable USB drive. It will always be secure and ready for use, even if there is no Internet connection.
- If you do not have an Internet connection, you can not use web-based software. You also need a very secure connection or you risk having your data stolen.
- A desktop program will always be faster and easier to use than web-based software. Setup is usually much faster too and you get many more features.
- If you do not have a very fast Internet connection, web based application could take you several times longer to get the same amount of work done.
- In desktop based application, if you backup your software daily, you will always have access to your data. You do not need to be connected to the internet to get your work done quickly and easily.
- In web based application, if your web connection goes down, or the company’s website goes down, or the company goes out of business, you will no longer have access to your data.
- With desktop applications, you generally pay just once. Some companies charge a yearly fee for updates or support. You have unlimited use of our software for one affordable price, with no extra charges for updates or technical support.
- If you have more than a few units the price you pay per month will be much greater for web-based software. You rent the software. If you have many units, many companies charge more per month than our one time charge.