10 Oct HTML and CSS and its Necessary for Website Development.
HTML and CSS
HTML is a markup language and CSS is a style language. HTML defines how a page should be structured and CSS defines how a page looks on the screen. These HTML and CSS languages are considered front-end languages because they operate in the browser(no server needed).
The two languages are very different, but they complement each other nicely. A page with just HTML will work, but it will not look pretty. Likewise a pure CSS file actually won’t show anything in the browser because there’s no HTML to render.
If you can learn HTML and CSS then you can build websites. They may not be dynamic or programmable, but pure HTML/CSS websites can work and look good.
The most updated versions of these languages are HTML5 and CSS3. They just add new features that make developing websites a lot easier.
Advantages of HTML:
1. First advantage it is widely used.
2. Every browser supports HTML language.
3. Easy to learn and use.
4. It is by default in every windows so you don’t need to purchase extra software.
Disadvantages of HTML:
1. It can create only static and plain pages so if we need dynamic pages then HTML
is not useful.
2. Need to write lot of code for making simple webpage.
3. Security features are not good in HTML.
4. If we need to write long code for making a webpage then it produces some complexity.
Advantages of CSS:
- It provides you attractive look to your web pages
- It help to separates the document content
- It reduces the file transfer size
- It increases your website’s adaptability