16 Oct PSD to HTML website creation
What is PSD to HTML?
PSD to HTML is the process of converting PSD (short for ‘Photoshop Document’) files and web design sketches into HTML (HyperText Markup Language), for both mobile and desktop browsers.
The design process goes like this: web designers draw websites (usually templates or mock-ups) in Photoshop or some other image processing tool, such as Sketch, Adobe XD, etc., after which web developers (usually front-end developers) take over. The next phase is development where developers take those templates and start coding the website in HTML5 and CSS3, adding different features to the website and enabling many various actions the users are supposed to perform on the website, including links, buttons, responsive design, and other effects.Once the coding phase is over, the entire website is tested on a test server and after all is done, it can be launched on a live server. Depending on the size of the project, these phases can last from one month till a year or two.
The benefits of PSD to HTML
Though practically ancient, this workflow is still one of the most popular ways of building websites from scratch. Here are some of its benefits:
- Having a unique site, which no one else in the world has.
- It is customizable and you can get a multitude of features with your own code, as opposed to rigid themes which usually cannot be customized (what you see is what you get with them).
- For smaller sites, PSD to HTML is the way to go because everything can be done a lot faster than with the development of themes which are usually done having complex structures in mind.
- Even in the age of WordPress, more than 65% of websites today do not have a CMS but are custom-made, which only goes in favor of its popularity.
- Only highly skilled front-enders can perform this, unlike theme developers which usually possess little or no experience/knowledge in manual coding.
- You get the best code which pays off in the long run.
- Your website can be accessed from any device – be it a desktop computer, tablet, laptop, smartphone or smartwatch – with the help of responsive design.
- Forget about different website appearance in Safari, Mozilla or Chrome – custom-made websites cover all modern web browsers – even Internet Explorer and Edge!
- Website security is superb because it is unlikely that someone will break through your fences as in open-source code which can be easily compromised.